Sunday, March 6, 2011

Artist Research - Richard Diebenkorn





We went over some of Richard Diebenkorn's work in class and I like it. It's a break from all the line work we do for classwork/homework and even the line work I do outside of class. It's refreshing too to see all the bright colors he uses. There's a lot of warm and cool hues in his work and it works really well.


In class we're suppose to look at his use of planes and his little use of line. Out of all the painter artists we've been introduced to in class, he's my favorite. Simply because he hardly uses line, if at all, and pulls it off very well. It's sometimes difficult to do this myself because I'm so used to outlining things over and over and then shading in or something similiar...


*Will be posting images of class work*

2 comments:

  1. DEIRBENKORN DOES KNOW HOW TO SHOW HIS EMOTIONS THROUGH HIS PAINTINGS, I JUST WISH THAT HE COULD SOMETIMES REFINE THEM.
    HE IS A GREAT ARTIST, AND SHOULD BE REMEMBERED.

    HIS LACK OF CONVENTIALTIY INSPIRES ME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last image is very similar to Utah artist, Ricky Allman's work.
    http://www.rickyallman.com/thelandscape.html

    ReplyDelete